1) There are now ~32k jobs for travel nurses, up from ~8k in early 2020, with the average weekly pay standing at $3,334 per week. In just 6 months, some travel nurses earn the entire median pay that non-travel nurses do in a year.
2) Hasbro’s Wizards of the Coast unit, which oversees Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering, accounted for ~46% of the company’s $1.31B in annual earnings.
3) Bookstore sales were up 28% in 2021 after a major dip in 2020, hitting $9.03B, up from $6.5B. That’s much better than the 19.3% rebound seen across retail generally.
4) A former Italian royal family is suing the government over ~$342m in crown jewels they claim are theirs. Interestingly, none of the royal family members have ever seen the jewels in person.
5) Fancis Ford Coppola, the 82-year-old Godfather director, will spend up to $120m of his own fortune on Megalopolis, which no Hollywood studio will fund. The film’s cast is rumored to include Zendaya, Cate Blanchett, Oscar Isaac, Jon Voight, Forest Whitaker, and more.
Get the 5-minute roundup you’ll actually read in your inbox
Business and tech news in 5 minutes or less