Delivery is getting easier! (Fox Photos / Getty Images)
Many consumers now expect same-day delivery for their online purchases. But for many brands, this can be a logistical nightmare.
Meet Tyltgo: a white label, same-day delivery company.
Founded by 2 University of Waterloo alumni, this Y Combinator company just raised a $2m seed round to help small businesses own the customer experience from purchase to delivery.
The power of the post-purchase experience
Mom and pop stores don’t have the time, knowledge, or resources to build out critical parts of the post-purchase experience themselves.
For these businesses, Tyltgo aims to offer a turnkey solution:
- Communication: Order ETA, route updates, delivery fulfillment, and post-delivery feedback are prime opportunities for companies to interact with customers.
- Delivery: The timeliness and condition of the delivery affect customer satisfaction.
- Messaging: Customized copy gives customers a sense of a company’s personality and brand.
Tyltgo is coming in hot (hot hot hot oooh 🎶)
It has ambitious goals like taking on the growing $9B global meal prep industry. So far, it is — ahem — delivering.
- Revenue growth: Last year, revenue increased 2,000%. The startup expects another 1,500% growth in 2021.
- Hiring: It has attracted top talent like Uber Eats Canada’s former head of marketplace operations and a former Goldman Sachs director of engineering.
- New merchants and industries: While it started with servicing florists and pharmacies, Tyltgo is looking to add 100 more merchants this year.
Tyltgo’s business is a reminder that clicking “confirm order” is not the end of the customer experience — it’s just the beginning.
Get the 5-minute roundup you’ll actually read in your inbox
Business and tech news in 5 minutes or less