Source: Apple / The Verge
Apple’s 5-day Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) kicked off on Monday. Here are some notable updates from Apple’s keynote, per The Verge:
- SharePlay: Ever FaceTime someone but have nothing to talk about (we been there)? Well, now you can watch or listen to content (e.g., Netflix, Spotify) with someone instead of chatting.
- iPhone as ID: The iPhone’s digital wallet will be able to store digital IDs, which can then be used as traveler verification for airports in some US states.
- New watchOS: The new operating system for the Apple Watch will update health features, including a Mindfulness app and a respiratory measurement tool. Separately, Apple will let users share select health data with family members and doctors.
- Siri in your home: Apple’s voice assistant Siri will be made available for select 3rd-party home hardware makers.
- One keyboard, 2 devices: The macOS will let people use the same mouse and keyboard across their MacBooks and iPads.