Source: Microsoft Work Trend Index Survey
- One year after antitrust regulators blocked their merger with Cengage, McGraw Hill, America’s 3rd largest textbook publisher, will be acquired by Platinum Equity for $4.5B (roughly the cost of 3 college textbooks).
- Speaking of college, the Department of Education erased $500m+ in student loan debt owed to ITT Technical Institute after 18k former students claimed fraud.
- Microsoft surveyed 30k+ people in 31 countries to surface 7 key work trends for 2021. Shocking: 41% of employees are thinking of leaving their employers.
- ATAI Life Sciences became the 3rd psychedelic company listed on the NASDAQ, alongside Compass Pathways and MindMed.
- Amazon committed $150m to support Black-owned businesses through its new Black Business Accelerator, which includes startup and advertising credits, free product photography, and $10k cash grants. Applications open July 1.
- Tennessee has 50k+ people collecting unemployment. The state’s job board has 250k+ postings, but only 3% show a salary of $20k+.
Get the 5-minute roundup you’ll actually read in your inbox
Business and tech news in 5 minutes or less