Ryan Kaji (and his parents) are absolutely crushing it.
They’ve already built a media empire around Kaji’s “Ryan’s World” YouTube channel.
Now they’re dipping their feet into consumer footwear with a new Skechers partnership.
Here’s the deal
For the project, Kaji teamed up with Skechers designers and Pocket.watch (whose catchy slogan is: “Forging billion-dollar franchises with kids’ favorite stars!”).
Skechers says it’s the first global footwear deal for a YouTube kid.
As for the shoes, the lineup includes:
- A light-up, slip-on sneaker called Ryan’s Challenge ($59)
- A toggle closed-toe shoe called Gamer Ryan ($62)
- A canvas mid-top called Red Titan ($57)
Just how big is Ryan’s World?
Kaji boasts some of the best numbers out there, let alone for a 9-year-old.
His resume includes:
- 30m+ YouTube subscribers and 47.8B+ YouTube views
- $29.5m in 2020 YouTube income, split between toy unboxing videos and his cut of branded retail sales (totaling $200m+ over ~5k items)
- $200m+ annually from branded retail sales of ~5k items
Not bad for a kid.
Get the 5-minute roundup you’ll actually read in your inbox
Business and tech news in 5 minutes or less