2) Giving Google Maps a run for its money, scientists finished a 5-year project 3D-mapping the synaptic connections among a microscopic clump of 200k mouse brain cells.
3) This is just magical. Hasbro’s Wizards of the Coast division, which oversees gaming properties like “Magic: the Gathering,” brought in $406m in Q2 revenue, +118% YoY.
4) As per the Olympians and Paralympians Act of 2016, which ended a so-called “victory tax,” US Olympians earning less than $1m a year can pocket their $37.5k gold, $22.5k silver, and $15k bronze medal prizes tax-free.
5) This was written from a couch, and we’re not the only ones. A new survey of Americans working remotely found 45% regularly work from their couch, 38% from bed, and 20% from outside.
6) Well, that’s just nuts. One out of every 153 employed Americans now work for Amazon, or ~950k people in the US. Walmart employs ~1.6m Americans, or 1 out of every 91.
Get the 5-minute roundup you’ll actually read in your inbox
Business and tech news in 5 minutes or less