We have 14 new South Park movies headed are way (Source: Comedy Central)
1) The number of Brazilian butt lifts performed globally has increased 77.6% since 2015, going for an average rate of ~$5.5k. Butt, the mortality rate of the operation is 1 in ~20k.
2) Amazon is offering $10 in credit to people who connect their palm prints with their Amazon account and enroll in its Amazon One biometric recognition service to pay for stuff in 50 Amazon-owned stores.
3) Good news, South Park fans. The show’s creators inked a $900m deal to produce 14 original South Park films and keep the show on Comedy Central through 2027.
4) There are an estimated 100k-560k unplugged oil wells in Pennsylvania — a massive environmental hazard — and no one knows where they’re located.
5) To fight wildfires, California is using a family-run helicopter business that charges $8k an hour per chopper, which sounds expensive until you realize they save entire towns by dumping 12 tons of water at a time.
6) Here’s a friendly reminder that the Hello Kitty franchise has generated more revenue (~$84.5B) than the Marvel Cinematic Universe ($35.3B), Harry Potter ($32.2B), and James Bond ($14.2B) combined.
Get the 5-minute roundup you’ll actually read in your inbox
Business and tech news in 5 minutes or less