Earlier this week, we asked you about your best $100-or-less purchase ever. And by golly, you delivered.
Across 100s of responses, the average price per item was $46.
Some themes emerged, including:
10 water bottles, 9 air fryers, 8 instant pots, 7 massagers, 5 Yeti tumblers, 4 egg cookers, 4 blenders, 3 dogs, 3 bidets, 3 TSA PreChecks, and 2 fly swatters.
Here are a few answers that caught our eye:
- A $100 Spanish radio station: “It hadn’t done anything except just played the same music over and over for years… I added a morning show and new modern music and now it’s generating a profit of $6k+ per month.” — Scott (London)
- A $25 olive tree: “I purchased it ~20 years ago and it’s now a part of our landscape and our lives and will hopefully be around forever.” — Sally (San Diego)
- $100 AMC stock: “ 🚀 ” — J (Durango, Mexico)
- A $17.99 garlic press: “I heard my girlfriend complain about how long it took to prepare garlic. I got her the press for her birthday. She’s my wife now.” — Matt (Moscow, Indiana)
- An $80 workout trampoline: “Fun low impact way to lose weight, relieve stress, and throw adult tantrums.” — LaShonda (Charleston)
- A $40 bidet toilet attachment: “Can you really put a price on a clean tush?” — Brian (Seattle)
- A $5 website domain: “I spent $5 registering the domain Nuclear.vc. A few months ago, a guy named Naga Kataru (he created Google Alerts) reached out and paid me $3.5k for it.” — Braden (Los Angeles)
Thanks to all who answered, and keep an eye out for more community polls.
Get the 5-minute roundup you’ll actually read in your inbox
Business and tech news in 5 minutes or less