This year’s hottest vacay isn’t a plane ticket to some faraway beach — it’s a road trip in a recreational vehicle.
The startup just raised $100m+ on the back of exploding interest
According to TechCrunch, RVShare isn’t the only one getting on the action:
- Outdoorsy — which has 68k rental units, including RVs, motorhomes, and camper van trailers — has raised a total of $88m
- Cabana merges #vanlife and hotels (it has raised $3.5m)
- Kibbo is “turning RV parks into a photo-worthy version of the hashtag vanlife”
The RV life was trending before COVID
A previous Trends report did a teardown of Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS), the largest RV campground owner in America.
Per ELS, several macro tailwinds are supporting the industry:
- Through 2030, 10k boomers will turn 65 every day, providing a robust customer base for RVs.
- Millennials and Gen X combined have also grown to represent more than half of RV buyers.
Want to hear more? Try Trends for $1.