1) In November 2021, West Virginians purchased the most butter per capita of any US state, at 10.7 ounces per shopper, per Instacart data. Hawaiians bought the least butter, at 3.3 ounces per shopper.
2) New York State has been slow to issue retail licenses for selling marijuana, and now farms there have ~300k pounds of marijuana — worth $750m — just sitting around at risk of going bad.
3) A group of cryptocurrency entrepreneurs delivered a 12k-pound, $600k+ metal sculpture of Elon Musk’s head on a goat’s body riding a rocket to Tesla’s headquarters in Austin.
4) So far this year, Jeff Bezos’ billionaire ex-wife, MacKenzie Scott, has donated $1,990,800,000 across 343 organizations supporting marginalized communities.
5) Toy brands are paying $75k-$300k to the families of ultra-popular YouTube child stars to make videos of them playing with their products.
Get the 5-minute roundup you’ll actually read in your inbox
Business and tech news in 5 minutes or less