We’re going to resist the urge to make a 20/20 vision joke here and get right to it:
The Trends that will impact 2020
Consider this your Ultimate 2020 Trends List.
- Gender neutral clothing and related products: According to Pinterest, in 2019 searches for gender neutral haircuts were up 625% and searches for gender neutral kids’ clothes were up 119%.
- American bath culture: Who knew the rubber duckie would make a comeback? But in our divisive times Americans are trying to get submerged in bath water. On Facebook, conversations about bath-adjacent ingredients, like sea salt and chill-out music, were on the rise.
- Acne solutions: Skin care addiction was the most popular beauty-related community on Reddit last year. Within skin care topics, cystic acne and acne ranked in the top 5.
What our team is looking forward to in 2020
Life goals, events, and more!:
- Shaan Chagan, senior account executive: #BIEBER2020
- Mark Dent, senior writer: Solo Hayley Williams music!
- Bobby Durben, copywriter: Making so many bad dad jokes about living in the ’20s.
- Sasha Goldenson, software engineer: Learning more in discovery passion projects.
- Matt Igara, sales and partnerships executive: Traveling to weddings on my side of the family and my wife’s side of the family.
- Kaylee Jenzen, email ops specialist: Being a quarter-century old and going on my first solo vacay.
- Adam Ryan, president: The election.
Get the 5-minute roundup you’ll actually read in your inbox
Business and tech news in 5 minutes or less