The Hustle exists to inspire, educate, and entertain an entire generation of people. And that all starts with our daily email.
Each month millions of people around the world read The Hustle to learn what’s going in the world, why it’s important, and why they should care. And we do it in a funny, irreverent way that our millennial readers love.
So – what are you waiting for…wanna join our team?
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Hustle is one of the fastest growing media companies in America. However, unlike most digital media companies with websites, our content is sent entirely in a daily email to our readers. Each morning we send one ~1,000 word email that explains what’s happening in world of business news and culture, why it matters to readers, and what it means for them. And we do this in a conversational and witty voice.
The role of Editorial means coming up with story ideas, fact checking, writing, and editing the email.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Working with our editorial team to write the daily email
- Hitting strict deadlines
- Fact checking and editing
- Testing new story ideas and concepts
- 2+ years in an editorial role (or you must be an amazing blogger!)
- A passion for copywriting and journalism
- A bias for results and execution
- Ability to hit ambitious deadlines
- Witty and the ability to write with humor
- Pop culture, startup, and business knowledge
- You must be a current Hustle subscriber
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.