Everyone’s an influencer.
You may have heard that before. But I have a thesis that:
- Every company will become a media company.
- Every investor will become an influencer.
- Every small business will become a micro media enterprise.
My point is…
… I own a portfolio of dozens of boring businesses that weren’t exactly “tech-enabled” when I bought them (many still used fax machines).
And yet, there’s a sponge company out there with a ~$0 marginal cost of advertising, and 1.8m TikTok followers — Scrub Daddy.
- Is on track to make $100m this year.
- Grew by 80% in 2021 largely due to its foul-mouthed internet sponge.
If you own a business, I can’t imagine spending a better dollar than on growing your organic marketing.
Tell your story in an authentic, entertaining way on social media, and watch your competitors struggle to keep up.
For more Codie, check out her newsletter, Contrarian Thinking.
Get the 5-minute roundup you’ll actually read in your inbox
Business and tech news in 5 minutes or less