One of Amazon’s top executives, Jeff Wilke (AKA the “other Jeff”), announced last week that he planned to retire from the tech giant.
In a note to the company, Amazon’s CEO Jeff Bezos (AKA the “richest guy in the world Jeff”) writes of Wilke: “He is simply one of those people without whom Amazon would be completely unrecognizable.”
Wilke was considered by many to be Amazon’s No. 2, running the company’s global consumer arm, including Prime and Whole Foods.
With his retirement, we updated our power rankings for corporate No. 2s:
- Gwynne Shotwell (right hand to Elon Musk, SpaceX & Tesla)
- Charlie Munger (chief legend officer, Berkshire Hathaway)
Ted Sarandos (chief content officer, Neftlix)NOW CO-CEO
- Ruth Porat (chief financial officer, Google)
Jeff Wilke (the “other Jeff”, Amazon)RETIRING
- Sheryl Sandberg (chief operating officer, Facebook)
- Dr. Nefario (GRU’s No. 2, Minions)