You know that viral TikTok video with the dude skateboarding while drinking cran-raspberry juice and lip-synching Fleetwood Mac’s Dreams?
It has 26m views now — and at least one of them came from Tom Hayes, the CEO of Ocean Spray.
Hayes made his own version of the viral vid and gifted the skater dude (Nathan Apodaca) a red pick-up truck full of cranberry juice.
Ocean Spray likely got millions of dollars worth of exposure
As Mae Karwowski, the founder of the influencer-marketing firm Obviously, told the Boston Globe: “You are reaching millions of people and you have thousands of creators incorporating your juice into their videos.”
Here are a few other products that have benefited from a TikTok lift:
- Bissell Portable Carpet Cleaner (video with 19.1m views)
- Magic Fragrant Shaving Powder (video with 9.9m views)
- The Ordinary Face Peeling Solution (video with 7.1m views)
- Ecolution Micro-Pop Popcorn Popper (video with 6.7m views)
- BlissLight Sky Light (video with 2.2m views)
Even under the cloud of a US ban, TikTok continues to grow
And, as the examples above show, the app offers serious marketing potential.
Get the 5-minute roundup you’ll actually read in your inbox
Business and tech news in 5 minutes or less